LANSING – Governor Whitmer is set to address the state at 11:00 am today. Whitmer will be announcing a new executive order (2020-59), effective through May 15, that will reopen certain parts of the economy and ease up on certain restrictions.
Some workers will be allowed to go back to work:
- This includes landscapers, lawn-service companies and nurseries, subject to strict social distancing (no more than one worker to a truck)
- Permit retailers that do not sell necessary supplies will reopen for curbside pick-up and for delivery.
- “Closed areas” (e.g., garden centers) and advertising restrictions on larges stores will be lifted.
- Bike repair shops will once again open.
Restrictions to ease up on members of public:
- Motorized boating and golf, with social distancing. No golf carts allowed.
- Individuals will be able to travel between their residences, though such travel during the epidemic is strongly discouraged.
- The new order will clarify that state parks remain open, as they have been throughout the emergency.
People will be required to wear face covering when they enter enclosed public spaces
- The order will require employers to provide at least cloth face coverings to their employees.
- People won’t have to wear face coverings when they’re taking a walk in theneighborhood. But when you go to the grocery store, you should be wearing one.